Polarizing filter; which one

Started Aug 7, 2020 | Discussions thread
IanF_BW Forum Member • Posts: 64
Re: Polarizing filter; which one

Another vote for B+W. I’ve used them for years and never had a problem.  They are top quality.

Alternatively, I’m also a fan of Formatt Hitech. I discovered them via their square filter system but also have a circular polariser which has been excellent. Their customer service is outstanding - I changed from their 100mm square filter system to 85mm a few years back but couldn’t replace my infrared square filter in the smaller size (something to do with  updated regulations meaning they couldn’t manufacture it any more) - but they helpfully cut my old filter down to the smaller size. And just last week, I ordered some more circular filters which haven’t arrived yet. When I asked if they had any info on when they might arrive, they said they’d be happy to dispatch a second set if they haven’t arrived by early next week (order is worth £100 so not insignificant)

IanF_BW's gear list:IanF_BW's gear list
Leica D-LUX 2 Leica Q2 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow