Sigma 100-400 vs Tamron 100-400 on Canon m50

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LB Otaku New Member • Posts: 3
Sigma 100-400 vs Tamron 100-400 on Canon m50

Hello everyone

I own a Canon M50 for almost a year now and i need to get a telephoto lens to start playing around with some wildlife photography. I am undecided between the Tamron 100-400 and the Sigma 100-400. I have seen reviews with positives and negatives for both lens.

Some say the Sigma is sharper all around but has auto focus problems on the M series and bad image stabilization. But i have also read with the dock and after updating firmware it fixes the focus problem and changing the autofocus type on the dock improves it a lot (at least i have seen this with the 150-600). Does anyone have experience with this?

The tamron i have seen has better auto focus and stabilization but specially in 400mm is soft. Is this true?

There is a sale going on with the Tamron costing 700 euros in my country and the sigma 850 euros (but having to buy the dock would had 60 euros). I was leaning for the tamron was the difference in price almost lets me buy the Sigma 56mm f1.4 lens for the m50.

I would love to ear some opinions and feedback from owners

Thank you for your attention and help

Best regards

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow