Owner of canon glass who can't afford an R/R5/R6, how about a7ii?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Stan in NH
Stan in NH Senior Member • Posts: 1,684
Re: Owner of canon glass who can't afford an R/R5/R6, how about a7ii?

The 7D is a very decent body, and you have some good lenses.  So my question is, given your limited funds, what is your current Canon gear not doing for you?  I personally don’t think moving to an older Sony mirrorless body will offer you much in the way of improved IQ or better AF.

Many of us have moved from Canon DSLR's to Sony mirrorless cameras and lenses.  I went with the A7R3 for its greater resolution and improved AF, compared to my very competent Canon 80D.  Contrary to my original plans ... to use all my Canon glass with a Sigma MC-11 adapter ... I wound up selling it all and replacing it with Sony lenses, or E-mount compatible lenses.  I was not happy with overall AF performance of adapted lenses.

So, my advice is to simply hold on to what you've got until you've saved up enough money to get into a newer design camera, either Canon or Sony.  As a side note, Canon has a fantastic refurb online store, where you can save on fully guaranteed factory refurbished gear.  Lots of bargains on typically like new bodies and lenses.

Stan in NH's gear list:Stan in NH's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a6400
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow