Cheap thrills with Olympus 75-300..

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gary0319
gary0319 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,018
Cheap thrills with Olympus 75-300..

First couple of tries with the 75-300 which I purchased as a refurbished lens from the Olympus US site (looks liked new, and might be). I bought this little guy to use as an alternative to my much larger PanLeica 100-400 for pairing with my E-M5 III for a lightweight zoom for flowers, bugs and butterflies at botanical gardens, etc. Still getting the settings down but I'm pretty pleased with these two from my first outing.

This lens is not the fastest focusing but works well for the modest price paid and with the E-M5 III is able to cut through tangled brush to grab focus. Seems to work better backed off the extreme ends of the focus range (try 100-280mm) and stopped down to f/7.1 which for close work with bugs and flowers is needed for extra DOF anyway. Just an inch longer than my 14-150, and 14.5 ounces...fits nicely standing up in my little Mirrorless Mover 25 shoulder bag as a companion for the 12-45 f/4 for a lightweight kit. See Size comparison to PL 100-400 below...

gary0319's gear list:gary0319's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Olympus E-M5 III Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow