New R5 vs A7 S III Comparison for Product Environment

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RDM5546
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 1,352
New R5 vs A7 S III Comparison for Product Environment

https://nofilmschool.com/heres-how-sony-a7s-iii-holds-production-environment

Potato Jet loves 4K240 in the A7.  The R5 4KHQ mode is awesome he says  8K is awesome quality too.

The A7 S is a 12MP video workhorse plain and simple.   The R5 is a still camera with limited but awesome video.  Despite the choice of which one best to use is not simple and they give a great comparison.  I would still prefer the S1H if I were a demanding videographer and R5 for my use as a photographer.    Sony does no make a native 15-35mm lens like RF 15-35 that is great for vlogger like the R5 has.  This RF lens is there favorite lens for vlogging with the amazing IBIS in the R5.

Armando still likes the R5 over the Sony A7 S because he has a serious video camera and the the R5 is more flexible for him.  The group is evenly split.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +31 more
Canon EOS R5 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow