E-m5 Mark iii new user thoughts

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SimonRW Regular Member • Posts: 165
E-m5 Mark iii new user thoughts

I have read the Olympus being sold story but assume that someone would service a camera if anything negative happened. After all most camera repairs are in country end up at general repairers not brand owned repairers.Personally I think you will see more investment and maybe a strategy change.

I am fortunate in that I could afford most new cameras, so why did I buy? Old story about weight and travel. I have canon full frame, but the e-m5 mark iii camera with the new 12-45 pro is ridiculously small, compact and lightweight. The lens is razor sharp and paired with a 25mm 1.8 prime is a great travel set up.

Despite the size it is a joy to use, everything instantly available and frankly the menu system is nowhere near as bad as I feared. I generally have the screen turned inwards and its fast and very easy to use, rarely even looking at menus.

Spend some time learning the camera and you get really high quality results, there is nothing wrong with this sensor - Jpegs are punchy but balance is very good. Raw files convert very well in Lightroom.

All in all its a hell of a camera and I am thoroughly enjoying it and would urge anyone looking for a very compact all in one package to put aside the 'oh its only M 4/3' nonsense and try one, they may be very surprised.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow