Anyone has a good course to recommend to learn how to edit colors in lightroom/photoshop?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheAthenA714 Junior Member • Posts: 49
Anyone has a good course to recommend to learn how to edit colors in lightroom/photoshop?

Hey everyone!

By now I'm pretty familiar with editing in lightroom, but I almost never touch up colors. Most I usually do is make sure the white balance is correct, lightly touch the vibrance/saturation slider and that's it.

But once in a while I like to go into more creative color processing, and that's where I'm unsure of what to do. I understand how each tool works individually, but I don't know which workflow I should use. Between the color profile, the white balance, the curves, the split toning, the calibration, the HSL sliders, it's a lot of settings that all interact together in sometimes surprising ways. And that's not even talking about what Photoshop brings to the table. So usually I just try some stuff at random until I get a result I like, but I always feel like I stumble onto the result, rather than actually get to where I want to.

So I'm looking for some intermediate/advanced color processing lessons, preferably in Lightroom but possibly in Photoshop as well. What setting should I start with? When should I use color profile vs calibration? Curves vs HSL, what's up with that? Those are the questions that I wonder about and I'd like to have answered. I'm open to books but I would prefer online courses if possible.

Any good recommendation on the subject?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow