So why is a lightly used A7RIII so cheap? Just have to ask.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,128
So why is a lightly used A7RIII so cheap? Just have to ask.

Yes, I know Sony has an A7RIV that has come along that is great (I own one) but why have the used prices for an A7RIII lightly used dropped so low? Yes I know you can buy a new one for $2500 but still that is very low as well. In a lot of cases there is only about a $200 difference between a used A7RIII and A7III. Heck the Nikon Z7 is selling for more both new and used at $2850 and ~$2200. Starting with a higher price I guess is just necessary to keep the price higher over the life of the camera.

Seeing the price drop from $3200 new to ~ $1800 used in just 3 years and looking at all the other camera price drops it really tells you that buying  a camera when it is first introduce is just a bad idea these days.

I still have my A7RIII and there are times I prefer it to my A7RIV. Yes it's mainly because I think 42.7 megapixels is more than enough for 90 % of what I shoot and I think the images are a little cleaner in lower light. (MHO). So I use mine a lot still even when the A7RIV is readily available. Yes the A7RIV is ergonomically and AF wise a better camera with an improved EVF and I appreciate it but still for a lot of people an a7RIII is still a great camera.

I know this is just reality but still I guess we all should ignore new camera announcements unless the new version is just lightyears ahead of its predecessor and just by the older model..

Take care.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Sony a7R III Canon EOS R Sony a7R IV +41 more
Nikon Z7 Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow