Sony FE 24mm 1.4 GM continually focusIng, back focusing, jumping

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
hemp0matic Regular Member • Posts: 228
Re: Sony FE 24mm 1.4 GM continually focusIng, back focusing, jumping

billorg wrote:

LenRivers wrote:

Sort of like putting tractor tires on a motorcycle

i like it, no larger than other lenses I use on it and much lighter. I like the NEX sensor a lot and also it’s small size. I have been thinking about the a7 III but as far as noise at high iso, it’s only a tiny bit better than my NEX 5N.

I had an NEX5N for a few years until it was stolen. I loved it.  I upgraded to the A6000 and that sensor is superior to the 5N with low light.  A friend has an A7ii and that sensor is better at low light in particular, but dynamics as well, especially with black and white is also improved vs the A6K.  I'm just an amateur hobbyist, but I'm upgrading to the A7iii, which at least from everything I've read is significantly improved from the A7ii as soon as I can save the necessary shekels. I think the upgrade to the A7iii would be pretty dramatic from the 5N.  The only downside is the slightly larger size and weight (both marginal IMO) as you use the 5N as a travel set-up.  I think the 24mm GM lens would be a pretty stunning combo with the A7iii.

-- hide signature --

I take pictures like I play guitar. I will never be mistaken for Ansel Adams or Eric Clapton.

hemp0matic's gear list:hemp0matic's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7 III Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow