Sigma 100-400 / Tripod socket

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 1,409
Re: Sigma 100-400 / Tripod socket

gogs2020 wrote:

You can reverse collar and center of gravity is better, but for that kind of shooting that you are doing, your set up is probably better because collar leg add some height so center of gravity is close but not quite there. Anyhow this collar is better option for me, because I shoot landscapes and there is not that much upward shooting and at the same time is easier to switch to portrait mode.

Thank you so much for your effort and post.  It is good still for situation like in a canyon or valley where you need to shoot with upward tilt.

You had a good buy there, but I still will stick to my setup, as it gives me full control over the COG and for all my lens and my spare camera.  One tripod setup for everything.

My get one to play around with it to see how it can be improved, like a flexi QR plate to extend backward, so that you may not need to reverse the collar and still get the COG at the rear.  Just think.

Thank you for showing me so clearly in your postings.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow