problems with the ML installed on my EOS M

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Murrango Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: problems with the ML installed on my EOS M

Emyoss wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm a beginner in the world of photography and I'm having problems with the ML installed on my EOS-M.

First of all : I have installed and reinstalled several versions of ML but each time, it's impossible for me to shoot more than in "1080p" ( 1736x976 & 1736x738 ) in fact, when I shoot in 2k 3k 4k etc. the screen becomes weird full of glitch, well as I want to film in RAW ; it's a problem, but not the worst!

That's a limitation of the hardware. The sensor and Digic 5 processor can't handle anything above 1080p.

The real problm is : when I want to do the auto-focus by pressing the main button, the camera thinks I want to take a picture (even when I don't press it, half press) what happens then is the worst bug: the screen goes crazy, and it even happened that it doesn't want to restart before I remove the battery ...

Does this only happen when shooting video, or when taking still photos too? I guess you'll have to focus using the touchscreen.

Any help would be appreciated, if other people have had this kind of experience don't hesitate to tell me how you managed to fix it.

I found Magic Lantern on the M to be a buggy mess. The developers take forever to fix anything, and when they do, they seem to break something else that previously worked. The original M is an old camera. ML for the M has been around for YEARS, and it still doesn't work properly. It's just not worth the aggravation. The only fix for all the bugs that I could find, is to uninstall ML, and go back to the stock Canon firmware.

Specs : My hardware: Canon EOS-M + Pancake Ef-M 22mm, SD card: SDXC SanDisk Extreme PRO 64 GB, 170 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30. My current version of ML: Last Danne's version

Murrango's gear list:Murrango's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS M Canon EOS M5 +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow