Buy and XT3 to complement XT30 or wait?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
McWoodley
McWoodley Regular Member • Posts: 242
Buy and XT3 to complement XT30 or wait?

Trying to decide if I should take advantage of the low XT3 prices right now or just hold off and wait.  I upgraded to an XT30 from XE1 last November and love it.  I am familiar with the differences.  The biggest one for me would be the WR. There are times I am not comfortable using the XT30 in certain conditions and probably rightfully so.   I wouldn’t mind IBIS but don’t care for the screen of the XT4.  Truth is a rarely use the screen anyways. However when I do I’d want it to articulate like the XT3.  I hand shoot mostly landscapes but use a tripod occasionally.  I’m better at carrying it around than using it.  Not sure what I’d be waiting for.  I don’t see an XT40 having IBIS and WR.  The Pro3 just came out so doubt the 4 with IBIS is coming anytime soon.

I guess I’d keep the XT30 as a smalller travel camera matched with the 27 or one of the smaller lenses and the XT3 for when I am doing a purpose photo outing or matched with the larger lenses.

Just afraid I’ll get the XT3 and the 30 will just collect dust.

McWoodley's gear list:McWoodley's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm 50-230mm +4 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow