Smallest wide to norm AF prime w/weather sealing?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Impulses Veteran Member • Posts: 7,004
Smallest wide to norm AF prime w/weather sealing?

As the title says, what's the smallest AF prime between 24 & 50mm with a decent degree of weather sealing?

I ask because it seems a couple of the oldest E mount lenses have somewhat questionable sealing, eg the Sony 28/2 & 35/2.8 (and even something like the 16-35/4) claim some degree of weather sealing but don't even have a rear gasket at the mount... Whereas some newer lenses seem more robust in this regard by having a mount gasket and the marketing even advertising how it's sealed throughout with multiple other gaskets.

So is there something in the latter camp that's smaller than say the Sony 35/1.8? Even some third party lenses seem iffy at times, I know the Sigma 45/2.8 says it has a gasket at the mount but Sigma seems to clarify that's the sole point of sealing, still better than nothing tho. Tamron's sealing looks solid but their f2.8 primes don't look much smaller than the Sony 35/1.8 (shorter but wider than it).

I'm looking to buy into E mount and will likely be getting the 35/1.8, maybe the Samyang 45/1.8 for something smaller (plus a few other larger lenses) so I'm just curious about this... It took a really long time for M4/3 to get any smaller primes with sealing (PL25 II, Sigma 56/1.4, still kind of a short list if you exclude larger PL/Pro options), I guess they're not the only system that might envy Fuji's f2 WR line. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 +34 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow