How to eliminate editing "seams" on panoramas for 360°

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Big Swifty Regular Member • Posts: 417
How to eliminate editing "seams" on panoramas for 360°

After PTGui, I bring the stitched panorama into PS for some basic edits/adjustments/sharpening. I'm using an old version of PS - CC2015, so I can't view panoramas as 360's in PS.

When I view the panorama in Affinity Photo or the software I use to create virtual tours, there is usually a seam where the left and right edges meet when wrapped around and viewed as a 360°.

What's the best/easiest way to remove this while still in PS so I don't have to bother going into Affinity? I've tried using a mask with a low-flow eraser on the sides and top (nadir gets a cap), but I'm not getting the results I'd like. I wind up using a combination of the healing brush, clone stamp, or some other type of relevant tool, but sometimes when the seam is at an inconvenient place it's kind of pain and time consuming to do it this way. I figure there must be an quicker, easier process.

Big Swifty's gear list:Big Swifty's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow