Sony FE 20mm 1.8 vs FE 24mm 1.4 GM

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarcoE
MarcoE Contributing Member • Posts: 873
Sony FE 20mm 1.8 vs FE 24mm 1.4 GM

Still have to compare both lenses physically but I wonder if there's someone who owns both lenses and can tell something about the differences in terms of field of view, rendering etc and can share some sample images. There are not a lot of sample images of the Sony FE 20mm f1.8 on FlickR yet. Yes enough in reviews but I think some are too much of a marketing show..

From reviews the 20mm is highly praised for it's low CA.

I can imagine the 24mm is perfect for a city trip walk around lens where the 20mm comes into play for specific architecture wide angle shots (without the distortion from 18 mm or even wider angle primes / zooms).

My current lenssetup is the Batis CF 40mm and Batis 85mm.

Option 1 : add the Batis 18mm and Sony 24mm (love the 1.4 ...) , sell the 40mm

Option 2: add the Sony 20mm and 24mm, sell the 40 mm (in this way all primes are 67mm filter thread).

Damn if I could make the ideal lens setup in one buy I could have saved a lot of dollars.

MarcoE's gear list:MarcoE's gear list
Sony a7R III Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +1 more
Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow