So I am back where I started...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sterkoff New Member • Posts: 4
So I am back where I started...

I grew tired of carrying around a full-sized dslr on vacation so a few years ago I was looking at a 1" sensor type compact (to replace a lost Canon G15.)  While deciding between an RX100 or G7X, I noticed that the Panasonic LX100 had a bigger sensor and was the right choice.  But instead of getting the LX100, I realized that I could get a Panasonic GX85 with interchangeable lenses for just a small increase in size and cost, so that's what I bought.  Took it on vacation but never got along with the short range of the 12-32mm kit lens.  So next I sold the kit lens and picked-up the PL 12-60mm 2.8-4 which I really like.  Only problem was it was a bit large for the GX85 so I sold that and bought the G85..  much better balance.  Then I found a screaming deal (Amazon price mistake that was actually fulfilled) on a G9 and the net cost to sell the G85 and buy the G9 was less than $200, so who wouldn't, right?  So now I am right back where I started and I need a smaller camera to take on vacation.  I am really thinking about getting a used Fuji X-T20 / X-E3 or a new x-t200 / x-A7 to travel with because I don't really do any video (on vacation) and shoot mainly architectural / landscape.  I just don't plan to invest any more money into MFT at this time, but I am afraid if I get something in the Fuji camp I may just begin the same vicious cycle.  I guess this is more of a rant than anything else, but if I don't want to go with a GX85 or GX9, would one of the above Fuji cameras be a great choice for travel or ???

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow