Kudos to Lowepro

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NikonMike Senior Member • Posts: 1,292
Kudos to Lowepro

Just thought I would post a positive experience with Lowepro USA if anyone is interested.

For the past 20 years or so I have used Lowepro backpacks exclusively.  I just like the way they are designed, but recognize there are other great backpacks out there as well from other companies. like Think Tank.  But when I find a company that is fair and reliable I try to stick with them.

Most recently I got the ProRunner BP350 AWII.  However, after using it for just a few weeks the sternum strap detached from the side that attaches to the column where it slides up and down, which was disappointing.  I contacted Lowepro and using their instructions, I managed to pry it back on using a screwdriver   However, it continued to come off with not much resistance and I would have to work it back on, further weakening the clip.  A few days ago I noticed it missing completely, probably coming loose in the back of my vehicle and falling out.

I contacted Lowepro again to see if there was anything they could do since the bag came with a limited lifetime warranty.   They told me the Pro Runner has been discontinued, but they agreed to replace the bag with any up to the price that I had paid for the Pro Runner, or if one cost more, I only had to pay the difference.  As the Pro Runner is no longer available,  I selected the Flipside 400AW II and they are shipping it out to me.  While the Flipside is a little cheaper backpack than the Pro Runner, I am still very pleased with this outcome. I felt like the representative I worked with was very polite and professional in handling my claim.  I had even submitted the wrong invoice initially on a cheaper backpack I had bought which caused some confusion in the process.  It's just good to know that Lowepro stands behind its products and honors the lifetime warranty on their bags.

NikonMike's gear list:NikonMike's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow