I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Verto Regular Member • Posts: 338
Re: I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

Thomas Guenther wrote:

Verto wrote:

David V wrote:

Verto wrote:

You think the image quality of the Q2 is better than the Z7? I’m just curious. Forget handling which is obviously different.

The Summilux lens on the Q2 is on a completely different level than what Nikon has in their Z offering at this time. The way the Q2 renders, the colors, bokeh, everything is better to my eyes. The noise performance is about the same.

I actually think the Leica colors look better than the Z straight out of camera raw. But, it's sensor and color science related. Not the lenses.

You really do believe that?

If you compare the MTF form Leica lenses with Nikon lenses, even the z series, alone using this parameters Leica lenses outperform technically.

I do. For example I very much disliked how the original Q rendered color, and since both have Q and Q2 have the same lens it proves the point 100%. The Q2's color is so much better than the original Q. Leica Tweaked it. Those charts are for sharpness anyway, not color. I'm not saying the Z lenses are Zeiss, but they are definitely in a league of their own when it comes to performance and price.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow