X-T20 vs. X-T30 (vs. X-T2) for the casual vintage lens user

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MaxthonFan New Member • Posts: 11
X-T20 vs. X-T30 (vs. X-T2) for the casual vintage lens user

Hi,

as my little sister wants a camera that's more capable than her cheap phone's cam, I thought about giving my old X-M1 to her and looking for an upgrade.

I'm not into pixel peeping and the like, I got a nice collection of vintage lenses and only use them and the 22mm Zonlai. I got the XC 16-50mm but that's literally the only AF lens in my collection and that one I would be giving away anyway. So I don't care about AF capabilities at all. I would otherwise just stick with my X-M1 but in this situation it makes sense to look for something else and I really want to have a view finder, which the X-M1 does not have.

So my question is: does the X-T30 offer me anything, that could be of importance to me, that the X-T20 does not? Like focusing aid, does the X-T30 have better working focus peaking or so? My X-M1 only has white highlighting, which is often not that useful, especially in combination with the screen in bright light. The newer ones all have red aswell, don't they? Does the X-T30 have a better view finder?

Or maybe would the X-T2 be worth a look aswell? Pricewise it wouldn't be that different to the X-T20. But then again, it's much bigger than the others and I guess would bring features I won't be using any time soon. I've ruled out the X-E3, it's not cheaper than the X-T20 and I like the design of the latter one much more.

I would really appreciate, if someone can give me advice on what to chose. Thanks in advance.

Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow