In depth look at Canon noise reduction with comparisons

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alex94 New Member • Posts: 19
In depth look at Canon noise reduction with comparisons

i recently took a couple photographs using the different noise reduction settings in the Canon EOS m100 so i could pick a setting that suits me i also as a comparison shot some photos with my gx85 both cameras were set at 3200

The EOS decouples the image noise setting from the image profiles the gx85 does not so i believe it applies noise reduction when using the standard image profile even when you put the noise reduction at 5 minus

So i guess to get comparable noise results to the EOS at no noise would be a raw from the gx85

First gx85 at 3200

NO NOISE

STANDARD NOISE

HIGH NOISE

gx85 at 6400

NO NOISE

STANDARD NOISE

HIGH NOISE

Canon at 3200

NO NOISE

LOW NOISE

NORMAL NOISE

HIGH NOISE

Canon at 6400

NO NOISE

LOW NOISE

STANDARD NOISE

HIGH NOISE

The gx85 is actually less noisy at 3200 it is only at 6400 that the Canon EOS m100 has a clear lead

As a reminder here is Gx85 at 3200 normal versus normal 3200 M100

Canon

Panasonic

The gx85 clearly wins probably utilizing superior noise reduction software but at 6400 no matter how good the software is the gx85 can no longer compete with the canon EOS m100s simply because of the m100s bigger sensor

Still a bit disappointed in the m100s 3200 performance seeing how i rarely need to shoot at 6400

Canon EOS M100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow