My lens journey...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sorabh Regular Member • Posts: 101
My lens journey...

Hi all

I am fairly new to Fujifilm and to photography in general so I wonder if anyone can help me make a lens choice please.

I mainly bought the camera just to take pics of family and my toddler - and document travels etc.

I have an xt30 which came with the xf18-55 - i sold that and replaced it with the stellar xf35mm 1.4 which i find amazing for portraits and a lot of other things, but sometimes it can be a little 'too zoomed' in.  For travels i would prefer a one lens setup and i hate changing lenses (not a huge fan of zooms if im honest).

I tried the xf27mm and whilst i loved the focal length and the characteristics of the lens, i found it quite poor in low light situations.

i therefore sold it to try the xf23mm f2 but found the contrast too harsh for people. it's a great lens for everything else but the contrast was too harsh for my liking - especially because 95% of my pictures contain people.

i then replaced the xf23mm f2 for the xf18mm f2 which is great - i love the colours, characteristics etc (not sure why everyone hates this lens so much) but im just finding it super hard to get along with that focal length. It's a tad wide and a difficult lens for me to use.

My question is - do i persevere or sell the xf18mm and maybe try the xf23mm 1.4 or viltrox ?

Or maybe i should just stick with my xf 35mm 1.4 for everything.....any advice / ideas would be greatly appreciated as im a little lost.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow