Canon R5 freezing when adapting lenses?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nikon33 Senior Member • Posts: 2,099
Canon R5 freezing when adapting lenses?

I have had my R5 freeze a few times when taking pictures now. I was out birding with my Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens adapted, and the camera went berserk. It took several frames, which were not recorded to the memory card (no, not a card issue, I've used that card many times before and since with no issues). It then froze, refusing to take any more pictures. I powered the camera off, and the lens started focusing erratically, hunting all over the place. It refused to take any pictures. Powered down again, unmounted the lens. Remounted it, and same thing again. Erratic hunting, no pictures taken (M mode on the camera, FYI). I then switched to a RF native mount 35mm lens. No more issues the rest of the hike taking pictures. This has happened twice I believe now. No overheating, it was cool outside, and I did not use the camera for any video. Is such behavior just related to the adapted Tamron lens?

Nikon33's gear list:Nikon33's gear list
Nikon D3300 Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow