Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aaron@Utah Senior Member • Posts: 1,603
which intervolmeter works best with A7III

I have one of the cheap ones that you find on eBay that all look the same

I am sure they are all just rebranded names from the same manufacture

the one i have is a JinTu

this intervolmeter works fine with my other sony's  a6500 and a6100 but so far has been a frustration they to get it to work reliably with the A7III

I have found that it will not trigger the shutter reliably on say a 90 second exposure  but If i start the intervolmeter then start it with the shutter button it will keep the exposure open until the end of the 90 secs but then will not trigger any addition shots

the built in intervolmeter is limited to 30 seconds why sony why? come on if your going to put one in the camera don't cripple it to 30seconds give me at least up to 5 minutes arrrggggggg

I have found that when I half press the shutter the intervolmeter will trigger the start reliably with the one I have but this is an impractical solution in the real world

so ultimate question for those that have used an intervolmeter with the A7III  which brands have you found that have worked reliably  and ones like I have that haven't

I am using it for astrophotography for multi minute exposures and sometimes running all night long so I need to find a reliable brand that works with the A7III

-- hide signature --

Mac OS X: Because making UNIX user friendly was easier than fixing Windows.

Aaron@Utah's gear list:Aaron@Utah's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Sony a6100 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +16 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow