Rules about anonymity

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 4,769
Rules about anonymity

In several recent threads, including some now deleted by administrators, tasad has made accusations about a current member using multiple IDs.

Given all but one of the IDs is deleted or inactive and have been for five years or more, I questioned what DPR rules were being broken by the one current account holder being accused.

I also asked what challenge rules were being breached, given the accusations are being made in the Challenges Discussion forum.

Towards the end of this thread, tasad said the DPR forums rule being breached was "anonymity". He also said the challenge rule being breached was "anonymity".

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4509465

Unfortunately I couldn't discuss his position in that thread because LeeBic chose to sabotage the thread with empty replies to make sure it maxed out and discussion was blocked.

So, my questions are:

1. What is the DPR rule that prevents someone operating an account anonymously, or that requires them to be anonymous?
  2. What is the general challenge rule (not just a principle, but a rule) that requires anonymity and prevents a person from voting if they happen to know or be related to another member?

If someone could point me to those rules - with links or copies of the rules, not just assertions that they exist - I would be grateful.

-- hide signature --

"You should take photos of whatever you want. That's punk" - Joe Strummer

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D50 Canon EOS 550D Sony Alpha NEX-6 Fujifilm X-T1 +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow