I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Bags27 Contributing Member • Posts: 779
Re: I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

I have neither the Q2 nor the Z7, but that doesn't stop me from offering an opinion!

I did have the Q and thought its rendering astounding...for about a year. Gradually, I could predict exactly what the photos would look like, which is: all the same. There is so much in-camera correction and the algorithms in the processor are so precise, that every photo comes out perfect. As in, perfectly boring with just exactly enough polish.

I've since sold the Q and have invested (gulp!) in M glass and film and digital Leica range finders. I feel fully confirmed, as the photos are unpredictably exciting.

But sometimes, I think I'm nuts to invest this much in a hobby. I think of Ming Thein, certainly one of the greatest photographers who actively posts on the web. Ming has gone through just about every piece of photographic equipment made, and now shoots almost exclusively with the Z7 and the kit zoom. He turns out terrific captures, far better than I could no matter how much I spend.

To paraphrase Lance Armstrong, it's not about the camera.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow