EF lenses on Fuji - will I hate it?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RyanMichael Junior Member • Posts: 48
EF lenses on Fuji - will I hate it?

Hello everyone,

I've been thinking of getting an X-mount Fuji, formerly having owned an S5 Pro and a fun little X10.  I primarily shoot Canon and have a nice selection of EF lenses, which I will be keeping.  Having searched these forums and various reviews, the consensus seems to be that the Fringer adapter is the way to go, so that is on my purchase list.  My question is, will I be sorely disappointed in the *continuous* AF ability for things that move (for both stills and video), coming from Canon DSLRs?  As best I can tell I'd be very happy with single point AF using the adapter, but I don't want to be too frustrated by the continuous AF experience when shooting sports, for example. As an FYI in case it helps, when shooting action, I don't tend to use tracking, but rather prefer to keep a single AF point on top of my target.  Will I have to get something like the X-T3 minimum to be happy?  Is the performance with adapted lenses comparable to an entry-level Canon DSLR, or can I expect more?  Any advice is very much appreciated, the more pragmatic the better.

-Ryan-Michael.

Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow