How much does technology advancement play into your decision to buy m43?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jhunna Senior Member • Posts: 1,498
How much does technology advancement play into your decision to buy m43?

Advanced Technology was everything to me when I started with m43.   In camera charging, 4k video, etc, post focusing and other assorted 4k tricks, all in a tiny form factor. And now the other camera makers are catching up/surpassing the technology side of m43.

I always thought the picture quality of m43 was more than good enough, but the video was unmatched, even with the 4k crops.  And the ability to video for hours on end WITHOUT overheating.  These are real world advantages that the m43 makers refuse to build on.

For example having a technologically advanced camera without a USB-C port in just ridiculous. I know there are advanced ports are on the higher end models, but people don't want to continue to carry multiple charging cables.  (and no the hydra cables with multiple ends are not the same, as the power delivery and speed is affected by the various tips).  Look to Fuji for an example of a proper port options (ie usb-c can be used for charging, data transfer AND as an audio output).

I started writing this because as I work I can charge my phone, my wireless headset, laptop and ipad pro, but just swapping the PD usb power cable between devices.  Everything is here except my camera (which doesn't even have a proper/standard micro usb port).

Any rate, I still enjoy my GX8 (and even the GX85) but the lack of modern ports is keeping the devices seperate from my everyday carry items, and that keeps me from taking more pictures/video.  I will make it work for a bit longer, but maybe its just too late to keep asking for technoloogy advances and not seeing them.

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +7 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow