For the weary pro (pocket)

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
OP RLight Senior Member • Posts: 2,946
Re: For the weary pro (pocket)

ElusivePhoton wrote:

Thank you -- if the autofocus exceeds the G7X mk II, that sounds good. (I assume your sample photo was taken well over like 30 mph.)

I don't really take videos much at all (and if I do I don't need the highest resolution), but does the G5X mk II have any overheating issues in video mode like the G7X mk III reportedly did? I actually would be interested in trying it out as a webcam occasionally, using the Windows webcam software announced in the spring, so I guess that would mean it's in video mode for long periods of time (although it wouldn't be writing to memory).

I personally haven't experienced any overheating, however I don't shoot alot of video. I've shot several minutes of 4K without issue but I don't think I've shot more than 7 minutes, that was in hot (95F) conditions though, and I didn't have any problems.

That shot was around 20MPH actually, just passed a stop sign; I had taken several shots before it too though that came out well which were at 60MPH, but I preferred the composition of the light and the road just passing the stop sign. I found it harder to shoot out the window while driving (as the driver), the camera itself didn't have a problem, I just have to pay attention to the road and estimated my shoot, I couldn't pay attention to what was in the LCD/EVF so this shot was a bit of blind luck.

RLight's gear list:RLight's gear list
Canon G1 X III Canon EOS R Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow