Is it possible to get the same 2:1 magnification with a longer working distance?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JFishburn Forum Member • Posts: 55
Is it possible to get the same 2:1 magnification with a longer working distance?

Pretty proud of my results for my first macro session. Used a D5600 and an Oshiro 60mm 2:1 f2.8. It was only $100 brand new IIRC. Highly recommend it.

Anyway my question is, can I achieve this kind of frame filling, highly detailed 2:1 with a longer lens or some contraption (like extension tubes?) that will give me a longer effective focal length?

I love the detailed shots but I'd like to take the same kind of shots with hornets and things- maybe even vermin/rodent eyes- speaking of- it's been impossible this far to get cat eye closeups since they're so squirmy. Apart from spooky scary stingy insects posing a concern and insects that get spooked easily, it's also harder to control lighting what with how close I need to get or sometimes completely covering the subject.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow