4K HQ = 8K Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
jonpais
OP jonpais Senior Member • Posts: 2,926
Re: 8K is marketing hype

SushiSean wrote:

I tried an 8k time lapse I shot in the R5 on my Samsung 8k, 82” tv. The quality of the picture is absolutely stunning. Best I’ve ever seen on any tv.

‘however, it buffers and pauses and skips around and is totally unwatchable from a frame rate perspective. I’m hoping I can find a simple way to convert it to something that still looks great, but is watchable.

I tried to watch this 8K YouTube video recommended by another forum member on my 2019 16" MacBook Pro and it was unplayable! 45 million views, 18,000 comments - most saying they couldn't play the video. hehe

From PCMag, six months ago:

No graphics cards currently support HDMI 2.1, which is required for 8K, so you can't just use a single cable to connect your PC to an 8K TV. Instead you need to use DisplayPort, and the DisplayPort 1.4 in current graphics cards is limited in the kind of 8K it can transmit (both in frame rate and bit depth). Like HDMI 2.1 devices, DisplayPort 2.0 cards with 8K support should start to come out next year.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow