best lens for infrared in M43

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tspin Regular Member • Posts: 339
best lens for infrared in M43

Recently I get into infrared photograph. first I acquired a full spectrum Olympus e-p2 and 14-42mm lens with a bunch of filters. I got pretty good result with them, but I also noticed some issue. first i noticed the noise is bit high and secondly the image is not very sharp.

I used fuji for my normal photograph and bumped into a 720nm infrared camera on KEH. I bought it few weeks ago and tried with few Fuji lens I have. I got a very good image with 14mm and not so good result with 18mm. That leads me to think if I can get a better lens for the Olympus, I might tap into the full potential of the full spectrum.

I think the noise might has something to do with the 12mb sensor. So I will not expect much change with a different lens. I hope to have a lens to have a sharper image.

I search web and seems 17 f1.8 is a good one. I wish a wider lens. Anyone know any good lens for infrared. I don't know much about the m43 at all.

tspin's gear list:tspin's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Olympus PEN E-P2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Olympus PEN E-P2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow