Panasonic 20-60mm on the SL2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eliehbk Senior Member • Posts: 1,877
Panasonic 20-60mm on the SL2

Went to B&H today and played around with some lenses for an hour to try and decide what to get for the SL2 as a walk around light weight lens that I could carry around and hike with without it breaking my back. I can tell you that the choices for the L mount are pretty limited, that’s why I mostly shoot M lenses on the SL2. I played with the Sigma 45mm, 35mm f1.4, 24mmf1.4, 24-70mm f2.8. While they were all impressive technically, they were extremely big and heavy. What bothered me with the 35mm and 24mm is that they seemed like they were designed for DSLRS originally and Sigma just prolonged the back of the lens to have the right gap away from the sensor. After so much back and forth, I was gravitating towards the 24-70mm which is an extremely sharp lens and just few grams heavier than the 35mm. I then pushed myself to try the Panasonic 20-60mm, at first hand, the lens felt plasticky which is normal considering the weight, size and price, but when I tried it, it was a really nice surprise. Very quick AF and super sharp. I ended up buying it to use as a walk around lens when hiking in good light. Here are some snap shots for you guys. I know some people might feel appalled at buying such a ‘kit’ lens to use on such expensive cameras, but trust me, it is super light and super sharp for what it is.

eliehbk's gear list:eliehbk's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica SL2 Leica M10 Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +1 more
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow