5D MkII Stuck On firmware Update

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
One_Camera_SA New Member • Posts: 11
5D MkII Stuck On firmware Update

So I had a church friend lend me his broken 5d MkII to see if I could fix it. it has a couple of issues though it's life, however, this issue is recent. when the battery (LP-E6N) was inserted into the battery grip it has on it, the screen lits up and comes up with firmware update, I put the newest firmware update I could find from canon onto the SanDisk 16gb CF Card when the update starts it's going to 99% then "Update File Error. please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again." I originally posted to canon collectives however they couldn't help me. I tried basically everything, I did a full format to the CF card, tried new flesh installs of the version 2.1.2 firmware update, etc. I don't have another CF card, the firmware update screen pops up the second you insert the battery, even when the 5d is off, the only way to turn it off is to remove the battery or let it burn up the battery. the "current" firmware version it's running is 1.0.7 it's basically bricked since I can't use it. i have a big youth event coming up this Friday and I want to use the 5d MkII if possible. Thank you in advance.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow