I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Bags27 Contributing Member • Posts: 770
Re: I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

Joon Lee wrote:

I think the OP should also look at the CL. Maybe I'm more of an M-size camera person but the SL2 is a pretty large camera (it's 4x the weight of the CL). I can't imagine lugging that thing around with a big zoom lens. My shoulders wince just thinking about it.

The CL provides entry into all the SL/TL lenses as well as all the M-lenses with the M-L adapter. It does have half the resolution of the SL2 (and a cropped sensor) but unless you print huge or crop a lot, I don't see that as being a huge negative.

IMHO, unless you're a fine art photographer where high resolution is important (ie., medium format), I would take a look at the CL.

Now, of course, if the SL2 really strokes your fancy...it doesn't matter what anyone says, does it? Go for it!

Cheers!

Agree completely. A lot of folks on the Leica Users site who have SLs (I'm not sure I can say that about the SL2, however) say that they can't tell the difference in rendering between their SL and their CL). I really like my CL and, although I was at the head of the line to purchase an SL2, I walked around the store with it and decided to pass. I couldn't imagine carrying it around all day. Too, the lenses that optimize its performance are around $5k each. The CL, however, is likely to get an upgrade in the next year (maybe the Sony 32 mps sensor?; maybe IBIS??), and I'm not sure I'd recommend buying a CL right now, though maybe a used one.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow