Polarizing filter; which one

Started Aug 7, 2020 | Discussions thread
hotdog321
hotdog321 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,013
Re: Polarizing filter; which one

Gilbert1 wrote:

I am looking for a polarizing filter for my Nikon Z6 with Z 24 - 70 mm f / 4. The lens now has a Mentter EX-PRO + MRC UV 72 mm.

I have already read a lot on the internet about the different types and brands. I also sometimes read that some filters are difficult to remove?

I am considering a B + W Circular Polarizing HTC MRC Nano XS-Pro Digital 72, but I also see filters from Hoya and Mentter. I also read about vignetting.

What is your experience and what do you advise?

And another question: can I rotate the polarizing filter on top of the UV filter, or should it always be removed before using a polarizing filter?

I'm a Canon guy, but I bought a Nikon thin ring CPL years ago and it is one of the finest filters I've ever used. If you can find them still, that would be a great way to go.

You don't ever want to stack a UV filter with a CPL. First, the UV is pretty much a total waste of money and second, you are likely to degrade the image. Stick with the CPL and skip the UV.

-- hide signature --
 hotdog321's gear list:hotdog321's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow