iOS Shortcut to copy EXIF data into the clipboard

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jaberg
jaberg New Member • Posts: 6
iOS Shortcut to copy EXIF data into the clipboard

I’m asking anyone to do the work for me here but I’d hate to (laboriously and inefficiently in my case) reinvent the wheel.

When posting images to photography forums I like to provide the technical data too. My preferred format:

Anchor Ring, Banning State Park • Fujifilm X100V | WCL-X100 ii • ƒ8 | 1/160 | 1250 • ACROS + R Filter

[TITLE] • [Camera Make] [Camera Model] ~|Conversion Lens (isn’t in EXIF, I’d have to type it when appropriate)~ • [Aperture] | [Shutter Speed] | [ISO] • [Film Sim] (when present)

I currently do this by hand, like an animal. I’d like an iOS Shortcut to pull the relevant EXIF information (I know that I won’t get the conversion lens info automagically), format it and put it into the clipboard. I do have a Macintosh as well, but most of my online posting, and a significant portion of my postproduction work, is done using the iPad.

I’d probably be happy with an extension that would copy the information but none of those I’ve tried offer this feature and based on the descriptions in the App Store I can’t find another app that offers this function.

What I really want is a shortcut that displays the information in the bottom border of a frame created around the image. I know there’s a Photoshop automation to do this but I’m no longer using an Adobe workflow and really would like this capability from the iOS devices.

I’ve begun hacking towards this end but programming, even Shortcuts’ St. Joseph’s Baby Programming, isn’t my strong suit. I’ve looked at a couple of Shortcuts that pull EXIF data and have some starting points but if anyone already has something running — or if I’ve tickled anyone’s programming fancy — I’d be a grateful beneficiary.

jaberg's gear list:jaberg's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic G85 Apple iPhone 11 Pro Apple iPad Pro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow