Graphics Card Problem

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlfC Junior Member • Posts: 41
Graphics Card Problem

I'm hoping someone with more computer savvy than me might have an easy answer to this. I very recently installed a used Gigabyte GTX 1070 to speed up my PC when using Topaz. Previously I had no graphics card; only the graphics capability of the i5 4570S.

The card certainly works very well in speeding up Topaz  but now the computer always has problems booting up. It always misses out the screen showing the BIOS and goes straight to the lockscreen. Then, or shortly after logging in it just goes blank and stays that way. I do a hard shutdown and restart. Then it works for a bit longer and I load the browser which works normally for half a minute or so, then the screen goes blank again but this time with a dim white glow. After that it either stays that way until I do another hard shutdown or it restarts itself and after that everything works normally.

I have installed the latest drivers from NVIDIA but apart from that I have not come across any likely causes of GPUs behaving like this. Is there anything else I should try or is my card likely to be faulty?

Thanks

Alf

AlfC's gear list:AlfC's gear list
Nikon D500 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow