Real Time AF Tracking A9 help

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
paul wassermann Senior Member • Posts: 1,636
Real Time AF Tracking A9 help

Attended a dog agility trial yesterday and was disappointed that the focus point wasn't "sticking" on the dogs well.  Here is how my camera was set up:

Continuous AF, Animal Detection on, Screen Function Touch for tracking, I tried tracking modes wide, center, and flexible spots.  I had difficulty touching the screen in exactly the right spot to capture a dog, and the little white box would hunt rather than stay on the dog as the dog moved.

Have I over looked something?  It is annoying to me that one has to start tracking with a touch of the screen rather than using the shutter button to activate tracking as I would think it much easier to put the spot on the target through the viewfinder.  I don't know if it might be possible for Sony to update firmware to start tracking with a button press?

paul wassermann's gear list:paul wassermann's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a9 Sony a6600 Sony Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA SSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +6 more
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow