Pocketable mini cameras, then and now. The wee Panasonic ZS100 series

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gerry Siegel
Gerry Siegel Veteran Member • Posts: 3,041
Pocketable mini cameras, then and now. The wee Panasonic ZS100 series

Sure enjoyed the Leica Mini 3 even though it used a hard to find size battery. And though made in Japan ( my guess would be Matsushita which allied with Leica from way back for their lower end but good compacts.) And recently, my TZ /ZS100. Virtually the same size and weight, digital of course, with an array of choices made possible by the wonders of Moore's law. I also have the Canon MC, but that model is likely obscure to many and it is well busted from use in the 1980s. Small cameras are not new. Packing autofocus, small motor drives and decent if single focus lenses was a challenge.

Our standards haver risen. And yet we strive for better and even what we call ergonomics and great finders.... I liked that red dot item, sexy but cheap.. A tart if you will.

The Lumix is great travel fun...it can really be a leading star standby for the main act if you get to know it intimately. Well designed. Add a few strips of non stick good covering and boffo at the BO as we say in la la land . Any other great minis now and then to honor?

And a couple decades earlier, Rollei offered a really small camera with high specs and a winder lever on the bottom..forget the name,  but it was a cutie. And sharp lens they said.

With auto features I hasten to add.

Lumix still current mini ZS 100 Zoom 1" sensor next to '90s 35 Summar lens Mini 3 Leica clone from Japan Not I am quite sure that there is a Leica version of that TZ 100, am I correct? A rebrand wit some extras and the cachet of the Leica branding..??

View: original size

Gerry Siegel's gear list:
Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +4 more
Reply to thread Reply with quote More options Com

Gerry Siegel's gear list:Gerry Siegel's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +4 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic ZS100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow