Some Help Needed!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BISCUT Regular Member • Posts: 357
Some Help Needed!

It's been 6 years I've owned Canon PowerShot D30 waterproof camera.  It has gotten me some really great videos and still images.  These are 99% family photos in pools and beaches through ought our travels.  I believe in travel and experience with my kids over a spoiled Christmas kind of year.  And we travel a lot with my kids sports.

The Canon still images are not easy to come by.  The shutter lag is horrendous.  The SD card used does make a big difference in performance.  The video has performed very well in so many cloudy ocean waves I have nothing negative to say.

Time to pass this camera to my 8 year old girl and find a new model for me that outperforms!  I'm a big Nikon fan but for an underwater point and shoot I am not brand specific and am not worried about learning whatever is next.  My tiny point and shoot when my Nikon's can't be toted is Sony RX100 VII.  Great tiny camera (hard to hit buttons with XXL hands) but its NOT waterproof.

I'm looking for recommendations.  90% I'm never more than 8ft under.  BUT It would be cool to take to a Caribbean snorkel trip reef that I'd say short dives are 15ft.  Looking for improved video and MUCH improved stills over the D30 I have now.  Interested in your thoughts.

Thanks for the replies.

BISCUT's gear list:BISCUT's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +14 more
Canon PowerShot D30 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow