Nikon D3 losing dates? Dementia ? (j/k)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LongTimeNikonUser Senior Member • Posts: 1,276
Nikon D3 losing dates? Dementia ? (j/k)

I just finished an import into Lightroom from my memory card. I'm still using a Nikon D3.

I don't rename images on import, and images are sorted in import-date order. I expected to see image numbers increasing, but that's not what appeared.  I verified that the camera's time zone was set correctly, and I know that I started doing photos a bit after 2 pm. (1400 for my European friends).

I can't seem to get an actual screenshot into this message, so I have to describe what I found.

The actual shoot date was July 31, 2020.  The first image was dated January 15, 2020, with a time of 5:08 pm. The next 10 shots were also dated January 15, 2080 with times between 5:08 pm and 5:57 pm.

THEN the next shot was dated July 31, 2020 (the correct date) with a time of 2:48 pm (probably the correct time.

So what is happening here.  I know I can fix the dates and times using EXIFToolGUI easily enough, but I would sure like to figure out how to prevent this problem from happening again.

Is my D3 so old that is is demented?

By the way, is there a way to insert a JPG file into a post on this forum?

-- hide signature --

LongTimeNikonUser

LongTimeNikonUser's gear list:LongTimeNikonUser's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Nikon D3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow