Challenge: Your Favorite Storm Image (Just One, Please)

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
landscaper1
OP landscaper1 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,770
Re: Challenge: Your Favorite Storm Image (Just One, Please)

GCam wrote:

landscaper1 wrote:

Well, Gcam, I was kinda hoping for stormy sky images.

Takes me awhile to find pictures anymore, I have too many files on too many PCs and hard drives. gc

Anticipating that, I long ago decided to adopt a modified Pete Turner approach.

Long ago, long before he became one of NYC's most successful commercial photographers, Pete Turner was desperate to get an ad agency to look at his work. He came up with a plan and persuaded some friends to bankroll him for a 6 month photo safari from one end of the Dark Continent to the other. In all, he shot 10,000 Kodachromes and sent them all back to NYC for processing and delivery to him when he returned home. He then culled all that down to just 50 images in a slide tray. He booked a room at the Public Library, and sent them to every ad agency in town a printed invitation to view "Pete Turner's Africa." He said he never again had to look for work from the day after that show.

Later, when an interviewer asked if he could see some of the 9,950 slides that didn't make it into that tray, Turner said he had destroyed them all. "I never want anyone to see anything less than my best work."

By following a more relaxed version of that approach I found my own archive is considerably more manageable.

-- hide signature --

Landscaper
P.S. I give permission to anyone wishing to download any of my images solely for the purpose of reposting in the same thread with C&C.
-----
"Open up your eyes and look around you.
There's a lotta world you've never seen." Pan American Airlines radio commercial

landscaper1's gear list:landscaper1's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Samyang 35mm F1.4 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow