Manfrotto MHXPRO-BHQ6 XPRO ball head

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Qimmiq Regular Member • Posts: 137
Manfrotto MHXPRO-BHQ6 XPRO ball head

I'm hoping to get some feedback on the Manfrotto MHXPRO BHQ6 ball head.

https://www.henrys.com/92298-MANFROTTO-MHXPROBHQ6-XPRO-ARCA-BALL-HEAD.aspx

On most of the sites where it can be purchased it seems to get good reviews but I've seen a few videos online talking about a serious flaw in the design which could allow your camera to fall off.  Some comments on those videos seem to indicate that the design was changed by Manfrotto and it doesn't happen anymore but I can't find anything else online about that to indicate if indeed it was fixed.

Judging by the many positive reviews I'm seeing online is it really something that is a common problem or would it likely be fine if someone was to take their time when connecting the camera to the tripod versus trying to do things in a hurry.

The main reason I'm looking at this ball head is because I have a gift card for a local camera store that would almost be enough to pay for it.

Qimmiq's gear list:Qimmiq's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow