Sony A6300 vs Fuji X-T20

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pepo930 New Member • Posts: 7
Sony A6300 vs Fuji X-T20

Hello,
I'm looking to switch from my old Fullframe system to something more modern and light. I currently have a Nikon D600 with a 50mm f1.8D and 24mm f2.8D
I'll be doing mostly portraits and street photography.

I'm currently stuck between the Sony A6300 and Fuji X-T20.
The Fuji looks really stylish and has a good selection of compact primes (16mm, 35mm, 50mm), however they're all f2. The f1.4 variants are too expensive and slow to focus for my taste. I don't shoot JPEG so another thing bugging me is the RAWs from the XTRANS sensor and how well they'll work with Lightroom.
Meanwhile the Sony looks like a toy but it has a great selection of Sigma f1.4 lenses (16mm, 30mm, 56mm) that are sharper than the fuji ones according to lab tests. They're also cheaper but bigger and heavier however I don't think that that would be a problem.

The A6300 might have a marginally better autofocus compared to the Fuji but I'm not sure if that would be the case if it's paired with the Sigma lenses. And I know that Fuji has one of the best "color science" however I believe that I can get similar result from the Sony after tweaking the RAWs?

I don't want to spend more money than necessary so I'll be buying used.

So, which one would be your pick and am I missing anything?

Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D600 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow