Kit lenses are no good for closeup shots?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rosephoto New Member • Posts: 6
Kit lenses are no good for closeup shots?

Hello everybody, I am a newbie in photography and I feel lost...

I am currently searching to buy a Dslr camera, second hand, buget is maximum 300 dollars.

I found a Nikon D3300 at a very good price, low shutter count. I met up with the owner to see the camera and when I wanted to take a sample photo of my watch, even if the macro mode was on and I did not put the lens super close to the watch, it could not capture the watch clearly. We tried several times to shoot macro shots, but they were blurred. The autofocus was working, like it went green, but I don't understand...even my phone can take a closeup of a watch kit lenses cannot take macro shots? I really need some guidance...because I did not buy the camera because of this and now I was wondering if I made a.mistake.

Can you please help.me with some.info? Was it normal that it could.not focus on close objects? Is it normal for D3300 or for all dslrs in general?

Can you recommend me a camera that is generally good at all types: macro, landscape, portrait, night time. I mean the kit lenses. Of course I wanted to buy a 50 mm lens for this Nikon, could a 50 mm be used for macro? But in.my view a dedicated lens does the job better, not has to replace all together a mode that normally should function on a camera.

I would like a camera that could be good on the get go.and be visibly better at photos than a phone. That is why I want to buy a Dslr. But it caught me completely off guard because I was not expecting it to not be able to take a macro photo...and I really wanted to buy it.

Any feedback is appreciated...

Nikon D3 Nikon D3300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
Bob
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow