Does anyone have this A7 series heating up issue?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DCooper Regular Member • Posts: 293
Does anyone have this A7 series heating up issue?

Hi guys,

Please can somebody offer some advice,

I have the A7RIII for over a year now, and I just bought an A7III specifically for video, to film myself using the A7RIII.

After charging the A7III for the first time, I spent 8 minutes watching a YouTube video whilst changing the settings, and by the end of the video, the camera was warm to the touch.

At first I thought it was a fault, so I called the store that I bought it from and they said to test it over the weekend.

I tested it again this morning when it was not that warm outside, and after ten minutes of shooting the camera became fairly warm - the back of the screen in particular.

I recorded 4K footage for 30 minutes and the camera was hot.

So a few minutes ago, I turned on the A7RIII and left it on a table to record in 4K.

Ten minutes in, the camera was warm.

I then let it cool down and took a few shots, played with the A7RIII settings and it did get slightly warm after about 12 minutes.

I appreciate that it gets very warm in my house, as in the UK we are currently experiencing a heatwave, but I was surprised when the A7III got warm without any shooting in such a short amount of time!

I'm just wondering if this is a hot weather thing and these cameras do warm up quickly in hot weather? Can any of you guys attest to this?

Or do I now have two potentially faulty units?

Thank you,

D.

Sony a7 Sony a7 III Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow