Color Space for scans

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP hhhhhhhh Regular Member • Posts: 174
Re: Ask the studio what colorspace the scan is in

mike earussi wrote:

8 bit can cause banding if you plan on doing any heavy manipulation. If I sent one of my images out to be scanned and was sent back a 8 bit file I'd be dissatisfied. If you payed for a high quality scan you should be getting a 16 bit tiff back.

I don't plan to, but I prefer having the max quality scans. I'm satisfied with the results and how it looks on my screen right now (didn't print it out yet), but still, number 8 bothers me

These guys are highly reputable studio specialized in fine art, and I guess they know what are doing. My paintings are almost monochromatic, so that might be one reason. Another reason is that I opted for flatbed option, which was 10x cheaper comparing to artwork capture with their 400mpx Hasselblad. So, I guess with artwork capture it will be 16-bit. Third reason might be that they tried to get the optimal file size for the print size I told them I'll be doing, because they sent me the files over the internet, so the speed might be the issue if they had to attach 50GB file.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow