RX100 V - Keeps turning on and off

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brighamdoc New Member • Posts: 7
RX100 V - Keeps turning on and off

Short story so you don't have to read below after this - when I turn the camera on the screen lights up, the lens extends and then it just turns off and the lens retracts.  Then it just keeps turning on, lighting up, extending lens, turning off ..... over and over. It will not stop until I pull the battery.  The on/off switch nor any other buttons work while it's doing this.

Any thoughts?  Thanks for any help you can be.

I bought this camera back in 2016.  It's been problematic with what seems to be issue after issue.  I probably don't have more than a couple of hundred pictures from it.

Literally two years ago this problem popped up and I just chucked the camera in the back of a drawer so I could quit swearing every time I saw it.

Well, now I'm really missing a small camera so I figured why not pull it out and see if by magic it was working..... it's not.

I'm to the point I'll just open it up and see if there is a loose connection.  If I can't see anything I'll offer it for free to anyone who wants to play with it.

Sony RX100 V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow