By popular request - a goat thread

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
jayrandomer
jayrandomer Senior Member • Posts: 1,056
Re: It's always curious when people comment on how little they know

softmarmotte wrote:

jayrandomer wrote:

softmarmotte wrote:

i have no idea what this is, who he is or wnat G O A T means...Is this some American sport ?

A reverse image search would have quickly shown that's a picture of Tom Brady, considered the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) by many. Of course, doing it that way wouldn't have let everyone know you aren't aware of American sports.

what a very sytrange comment. i did not know that 'reverse image search' existed and still don't know how i would achieve it. What I ws actually doing was pointing out that the poster was making all sorts of assumptions about the people on this forum, many of whom have no cultural reference points in common with him and maybe he should explain what it is his point of view

If you don't know about reverse image search, it's very useful:

In chrome:

*right click over the image

*select Search Google for Image

It was a joke.  Specific to the US and probably just the New England part of the US.  If you didn't get the joke it wasn't meant for you.

jayrandomer's gear list:jayrandomer's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow