By popular request - a goat thread

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
JustUs7 Senior Member • Posts: 1,534
Re: It's always curious when people comment on how little they know

softmarmotte wrote:

jayrandomer wrote:

softmarmotte wrote:

i have no idea what this is, who he is or wnat G O A T means...Is this some American sport ?

A reverse image search would have quickly shown that's a picture of Tom Brady, considered the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) by many. Of course, doing it that way wouldn't have let everyone know you aren't aware of American sports.

what a very sytrange comment. i did not know that 'reverse image search' existed and still don't know how i would achieve it. What I ws actually doing was pointing out that the poster was making all sorts of assumptions about the people on this forum, many of whom have no cultural reference points in common with him and maybe he should explain what it is his point of view

Sorry about the initial response. Too late to edit.  Nothing wrong with curiosity or not knowing who somebody is. Perfectly reasonable to ask. My terse reply was driven by the, “...was making all sorts of assumptions about...” accusation which I found quite rude.

If someone had posted a rugby star or cricket star, and I was curious, I might ask who they are or what makes them great. I wouldn’t assume bad intentions on the part of the poster trying to somehow exclude people from a joke.

JustUs7's gear list:JustUs7's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS RP Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow